Divorce Attorney Representing Clients in Franklin Township, NJ Assists Families Starting a New Chapter in Somerset County and Throughout NJ
Although couples vow to spend their lives together when they marry, most couples will divorce. In New Jersey, around two divorces per 1,000 state residents occur yearly. Separating from a spouse comes with significant complications for you and your loved ones. You deserve the right Somerset County divorce lawyer to help you protect your future well-being. Turn to our firm for help with all the aspects of your case, including enforcing prenups/postnups, dividing marital assets/liabilities, alimony, and child custody/support. Our award-winning family law group has the experience and resources to help you tackle even the most complex divorce issues.
Contact Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney, for a consultation with a knowledgeable divorce attorney representing clients in Franklin Township, NJ if you have thought about filing for divorce or if you or your spouse have already served divorce papers. Our firm will promptly get to work advocating for your rights and interests to help you secure the best possible outcome in your case.
Need a Divorce? Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney Can Help. Just Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form for a Confidential Consultation.
Our Somerset County Divorce Lawyer Can Guide You Through All Kinds of Divorce Disputes
Let a divorce attorney representing clients in Franklin Township, NJ from our firm assist you with resolving the various aspects of your separation, such as:
- Negotiating for a settlement that can help resolve your case as efficiently as possible
- Filing your complaint or answer in court
- Preparing you for court-ordered divorce mediation
- Resolving disputes over custody arrangements and parenting time schedules
- Calculating alimony and child support obligations
- Enforcing or challenging the validity of pre/postnuptial agreements
- Settling or litigating the issue of equitable division
- Protecting your and your family’s interests if you have problems with domestic violence or child abuse
- Handling the departure or removal of a spouse from the family home or the relocation of children with the primary custodial parent
You can trust our legal team to listen to your story to prepare a legal strategy to secure a result that serves your needs and goals as you move forward.
"Joe Russell is an expert in his field! He handles all clients with compassion and professionalism. I have recommended him to many friends and families and they have all raved about their experience working with him."Nicole Wasserman-01/15/2023 View All Client Reviews
How to Obtain a Divorce in Somerset County
Most divorcing couples in New Jersey pursue a no-fault divorce, which avoids the need to prove grounds for divorce. A no-fault divorce can move more quickly and save spouses from the emotional hurt of litigating fault for the breakdown of their marriage. Either spouse may file for a no-fault divorce after a couple has experienced irreconcilable differences for at least six months with no reasonable expectation of reconciliation.
Although no-fault divorces have advantages, a spouse who files for an at-fault divorce may enjoy strategic benefits during the case. Obtaining an at-fault divorce requires proving one or more statutory grounds, which include:
- Separation of at least 18 months
- Drug/alcohol abuse or addiction
- Extreme cruelty
- Deviant sexual conduct
- Indefinite or permanent institutionalization for mental illness
Talk to a divorce attorney representing clients in Franklin Township, NJ about your situation to discuss your legal options and decide which type of divorce might best serve your interests.
Get Advice From An Experienced New Jersey Divorce Attorney. All You Have To Do Is Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form To Receive Your Confidential Case Evaluation.
Let a Divorce Attorney Representing Clients in Franklin Township, NJ from Our Firm Advocate for Your Interests
Divorce can become a time-consuming, emotionally-draining experience. You need an advocate you can rely on throughout the process to fight for your rights. When you contact our firm for help with your divorce, you can expect a Somerset County divorce lawyer from our team to:
- Take the time to discuss your situation and understand your needs and goals
- Advise you on legal options that will give you the best chance of achieving the outcome you desire
- Gathering and reviewing financial information and other records
- Negotiating with your spouse or their counsel to settle the outstanding issues in your divorce case
- Filing a complaint and other court papers and representing you in court
- Helping you enforce prenup/postnup agreements, alimony, or child custody/support
Contact Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney, for a Confidential Consultation to Learn More About the Divorce Process
When you need experienced legal representation for a divorce, turn to a Somerset County divorce lawyer from our firm for help. Contact us today for a confidential case evaluation to discuss your rights and options with a divorce attorney representing clients in Franklin Township, NJ. Let us advocate for your financial interests and relationship with your family so you can begin the next chapter of your life on the right foot.
About Somerset County, NJ
Somerset County is a county located in the north-central region of New Jersey. Its county seat is Somerville, while its most populous municipality is Franklin Township. Somerset County is one of New Jersey’s and the country’s wealthiest counties, with nearly half of its residents holding college degrees. The county developed from a predominantly agricultural area into the more suburban feel it has today during the mid-20th century, with growth fostered by its pharmaceutical and technology industries. Many Somerset County residents also commute to Newark and New York City.
Divorce Legal Services in Areas Nearby
- Bergen County Divorce Lawyer
- Essex County Divorce Lawyer
- Hudson County Divorce Lawyer
- Middlesex County Divorce Lawyer
- Monmouth County Divorce Lawyer
- Colts Neck Divorce Lawyer
- Fair Haven Divorce Lawyer
- Freehold Divorce Lawyer
- Holmdel Divorce Lawyer
- Howell Divorce Lawyer
- Long Branch Divorce Lawyer
- Manalapan Divorce Lawyer
- Manasquan Divorce Lawyer
- Marlboro Divorce Lawyer
- Middletown Divorce Lawyer
- Millstone Divorce Lawyer
- Monmouth Beach Divorce Lawyer
- Neptune Divorce Lawyer
- Ocean Township Divorce Lawyer
- Red Bank Divorce Lawyer
- Rumson Divorce Lawyer
- Sea Bright Divorce Lawyer
- Sea Girt Divorce Lawyer
- Spring Lake Divorce Lawyer
- Tinton Falls Divorce Lawyer
- Wall Divorce Lawyer
- Morris County Divorce Lawyer
- Ocean County Divorce Lawyer
- Somerset County Divorce Lawyer