Divorce Attorney Representing Clients in Middlesex County, NJ Stands Up for the Rights of Clients in Their Divorce Proceedings in Edison, Woodbridge, Old Bridge, Piscataway, and Throughout New Jersey
Unfortunately, many marriages today end in divorce. In one recent year, New Jersey had a divorce rate of around two marriages per 1,000 residents. Although you and your spouse may have many reasons for getting divorced, disputes over property, financial support, and child custody can easily cause your relationship with your soon-to-be ex to become contentious. You need experienced legal counsel to help you protect your rights and your family’s interests. Let our firm's Middlesex County divorce lawyer advocate for the best possible outcome for you. Our firm has offered comprehensive legal representation and advice to clients in Edison and throughout New Jersey for over a hundred years. Our family law group’s commitment to excellent client service has earned us numerous awards, recognitions, and top ratings in peer- and client-reviewed publications.
Contact Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney, today for a consultation to learn more about how a divorce attorney representing clients in Middlesex County, NJ from our firm can help you protect your interests and future as you pursue a separation. We will vigorously advocate for your rights to ensure you obtain the best possible resolution in your case so you can begin the next chapter of your life.
Need a Divorce? Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney Can Help. Just Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form for a Confidential Consultation.
Our Middlesex County Divorce Lawyer Can Help You with All Types of Family Law Matters
Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney, representing clients in Middlesex County, NJ, has the experience necessary to guide you and your family through each stage of the divorce process, including:
- Pre-divorce proceedings, including negotiations for a property or marital settlement agreement
- Filing or responding to a divorce complaint
- Divorce mediation or arbitration
- Enforcing or contesting prenuptial/postnuptial agreements
- Discussing child custody/support and alimony with your spouse
- Negotiating the division of marital assets and liabilities
- Resolving allegations of domestic violence or child abuse
- Addressing the removal of a spouse from the marital home or relocation of the couple’s children
You can ensure that our legal team will take the time to listen to your concerns and goals to craft a case strategy designed to pursue your preferred outcomes.
"Joe Russell is an expert in his field! He handles all clients with compassion and professionalism. I have recommended him to many friends and families and they have all raved about their experience working with him."Nicole Wasserman-01/15/2023 View All Client Reviews
How Do You Get a Divorce in Middlesex County?
Under New Jersey divorce law, you have two options for pursuing a divorce: a “no-fault” divorce and an “at-fault” divorce. With a no-fault divorce, you and your spouse do not need a reason for your divorce. To file for no-fault divorce, you and your spouse must have had at least six months of irreconcilable differences and have no reasonable prospects of reconciling.
In an at-fault divorce, the spouse filing for divorce must prove one or more of the statutory grounds for divorce, which include:
- Separation for more than 18 months
- Extreme cruelty
- Deviant sexual conduct
- Imprisonment of a spouse
- Institutionalization of a spouse for mental illness
- Substance abuse/addiction
Although a no-fault divorce can spare you and your spouse from the emotional difficulties of arguing over fault for your separation, filing for an at-fault divorce can provide you with strategic benefits. Talk to a divorce attorney representing clients in Middlesex County, NJ at our firm about your legal options before you file for divorce.
Get Advice From An Experienced New Jersey Divorce Attorney. All You Have To Do Is Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form To Receive Your Confidential Case Evaluation.
Let a Reputable Divorce Attorney Representing Clients in Middlesex County, NJ from Our Firm Guide You Through the Divorce Process
Getting a divorce can seem overwhelming, particularly after a long marriage. You deserve an empathetic advocate who will stand by your side at every stage of the process. Turn to a Middlesex County divorce lawyer from our firm for help with:
- Understanding your legal options and what to expect in divorce litigation
- Negotiating outstanding issues with your spouse to resolve your divorce as efficiently as possible
- Gathering and reviewing financial documents and other information
- Drafting and filing your court papers
- Enforcing prenuptial/postnuptial agreements, marital settlements, or support/custody orders
With our firm in your corner, you will never feel like you must face divorce alone. Let our firm help protect you and your family’s interests and future.
Contact Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney, for a Confidential Consultation to Discuss Your Legal Options
Divorce may seem scary, but it also means an opportunity for a fresh start on the next chapter of your life. Contact our firm for a case evaluation to speak with a Middlesex County divorce lawyer to learn more about the divorce process and begin preparing for your separation.
About Middlesex County, NJ
Middlesex County is located in central New Jersey, stretching from the Raritan Valley to the northern edge of the Jersey Shore. The county is New Jersey’s third-most populous, with many of its municipalities serving as outer suburbs of the New York City metropolitan area. Middlesex County’s county seat is New Brunswick, home of the campus of Rutgers University. The county is a hub for the sciences and business development.
Divorce Legal Services in Areas Nearby
- Bergen County Divorce Lawyer
- Essex County Divorce Lawyer
- Hudson County Divorce Lawyer
- Middlesex County Divorce Lawyer
- Monmouth County Divorce Lawyer
- Colts Neck Divorce Lawyer
- Fair Haven Divorce Lawyer
- Freehold Divorce Lawyer
- Holmdel Divorce Lawyer
- Howell Divorce Lawyer
- Long Branch Divorce Lawyer
- Manalapan Divorce Lawyer
- Manasquan Divorce Lawyer
- Marlboro Divorce Lawyer
- Middletown Divorce Lawyer
- Millstone Divorce Lawyer
- Monmouth Beach Divorce Lawyer
- Neptune Divorce Lawyer
- Ocean Township Divorce Lawyer
- Red Bank Divorce Lawyer
- Rumson Divorce Lawyer
- Sea Bright Divorce Lawyer
- Sea Girt Divorce Lawyer
- Spring Lake Divorce Lawyer
- Tinton Falls Divorce Lawyer
- Wall Divorce Lawyer
- Morris County Divorce Lawyer
- Ocean County Divorce Lawyer
- Somerset County Divorce Lawyer