Divorce Attorney Representing Clients in Newark, NJ Advocates for the Interests of Clients in Essex County and Throughout NJ
Although nobody gets married with the expectation of later separating, many couples still get divorced. In recent years, around two marriages per 1,000 residents in New Jersey ended in divorce. As spouses grow and change, couples may realize they must go their separate ways. While divorce can seem like an emotionally traumatic experience, it also represents a new beginning. An Essex County divorce lawyer can help you protect your rights so that you can begin the next chapter of your life on the right foot. Let our firm help you pursue a fair resolution of issues in your divorce matter, including splitting assets, alimony, and child custody/support. For more than a century, our firm has worked tirelessly to stand up for the interests of clients getting divorced in Newark and throughout New Jersey. Our family law group and firm have earned numerous awards and the highest peer- and client-review ratings, reflecting our commitment to providing excellent client service.
Contact Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney, today for an initial case evaluation to learn more about how a divorce attorney representing clients in Newark, NJ can help you protect your rights and interests as you separate from your spouse. Let us advocate for you to pursue a favorable resolution to the outstanding disputes in your matter, including dividing assets, alimony, and child custody/support.
Need a Divorce? Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney Can Help. Just Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form for a Confidential Consultation.
An Essex County Divorce Lawyer Can Help You Resolve a Wide Range of Disputes
An experienced divorce attorney representing clients in Newark, NJ can protect your rights and interests through all types of issues in your separation, including:
- Representing you during pre-suit settlement negotiations to help you reach a property or marital settlement agreement
- Drafting and filing your complaint or answer in your divorce case
- Preparing you for court-ordered divorce mediation
- Enforcing or contesting prenuptial/postnuptial agreements
- Resolving disputes over custody or parenting time
- Determining alimony or child custody obligations
- Negotiating the equitable distribution of marital assets and liabilities
- Protecting your or your family’s rights or safety if child abuse or domestic violence has occurred
- Assisting you through complex issues such as the departure of one spouse from the marital home or the primary custodial parent relocating with children
Our lawyers will take the time to understand your concerns, needs, and goals to develop a case strategy tailored to your and your family’s circumstances.
"Joe Russell is an expert in his field! He handles all clients with compassion and professionalism. I have recommended him to many friends and families and they have all raved about their experience working with him."Nicole Wasserman-01/15/2023 View All Client Reviews
How Do You Obtain a Divorce in Essex County?
Most couples in New Jersey obtain a no-fault divorce, which means that either spouse does not need a reason for seeking a divorce. A spouse may file for a no-fault divorce after the couple has had at least six months of irreconcilable differences with no reasonable prospect of reconciliation.
However, couples still have the option to file for an at-fault divorce in New Jersey. A spouse may pursue an at-fault divorce for strategic reasons despite the added complications of needing to prove grounds for the divorce. New Jersey law recognizes several grounds for divorce, including:
- Separation of at least 18 months
- Extreme cruelty
- Drug/alcohol abuse or addiction
- Institutionalization for mental illness with no reasonable near-term prospect of recovery
- Deviant sexual conduct
You need to speak with a divorce attorney representing clients in Newark, NJ about your options for filing for divorce, as choosing an at-fault versus a no-fault divorce may affect your legal rights and the outcome of the divorce proceedings.
Get Advice From An Experienced New Jersey Divorce Attorney. All You Have To Do Is Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form To Receive Your Confidential Case Evaluation.
Turn to a Divorce Attorney Representing Clients in Newark, NJ to Advocate for Your Rights
Filing for divorce can quickly become an isolating experience due to the emotional stress of the process. Our Essex County divorce lawyer can be a trusted resource and advocate for you during this difficult time. Let us guide you through each stage of your divorce case, including:
- Reviewing your legal options and preparing a legal strategy aimed at securing your goals
- Gathering financial information and records that you will need to resolve the division of assets, alimony, and child support issues
- Advocating for you at the negotiating table to help you secure a fair settlement
- Enforcing or challenging prenuptial or postnuptial agreements
- Drafting and filing court papers
- Representing you in court, and at trial if necessary, to fight for the best outcome for your and your family’s future
You can trust our experienced, empathetic legal team to do whatever it takes to ensure you begin the next chapter of your life in the best position.
Contact Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney, for a Confidential Consultation to Learn More About the Divorce Process
An experienced Essex County divorce lawyer can help you through the divorce process. Contact our firm today for a confidential consultation to discuss your legal options if you or your spouse have already filed for divorce or even if you have only considered seeking a divorce. Don’t risk your rights and future by trying to handle your divorce alone.
About Essex County, NJ
Essex County is in North Jersey, part of the New York City metropolitan area. The county is New Jersey’s second-most populous. Its county seat is Newark, the most populous municipality in the state. Essex County was named for the county of Essex in England. Today, Essex County has a mix of dense urban development and suburban areas, with Newark and other more urbanized municipalities undertaking significant property redevelopment at the turn of the 21st century.
Divorce Legal Services in Areas Nearby
- Bergen County Divorce Lawyer
- Essex County Divorce Lawyer
- Hudson County Divorce Lawyer
- Middlesex County Divorce Lawyer
- Monmouth County Divorce Lawyer
- Colts Neck Divorce Lawyer
- Fair Haven Divorce Lawyer
- Freehold Divorce Lawyer
- Holmdel Divorce Lawyer
- Howell Divorce Lawyer
- Long Branch Divorce Lawyer
- Manalapan Divorce Lawyer
- Manasquan Divorce Lawyer
- Marlboro Divorce Lawyer
- Middletown Divorce Lawyer
- Millstone Divorce Lawyer
- Monmouth Beach Divorce Lawyer
- Neptune Divorce Lawyer
- Ocean Township Divorce Lawyer
- Red Bank Divorce Lawyer
- Rumson Divorce Lawyer
- Sea Bright Divorce Lawyer
- Sea Girt Divorce Lawyer
- Spring Lake Divorce Lawyer
- Tinton Falls Divorce Lawyer
- Wall Divorce Lawyer
- Morris County Divorce Lawyer
- Ocean County Divorce Lawyer
- Somerset County Divorce Lawyer