Call Today at 732-313-2628
Firm Logo

New Jersey Modifications Lawyer

New Jersey Modifications LawyerNew Jersey Modifications Lawyer

Modification of Family Law Orders Attorney in Red Bank Helps Clients Pursue Changes to Alimony, Child Custody, and Child Support Orders Due to Changed Circumstances in Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County, and Throughout NJ

After a separation or divorce, you and your ex may have alimony, child custody, or child support agreements or orders. Although custody and support agreements/orders can govern your ongoing relationship with your ex, life’s changes can make your custody or support order less workable for you and your family. Fortunately, you can pursue a modification of a family law order. Let New Jersey modifications lawyer Joseph J. Russell and our firm help you explore your options. Our experienced attorneys can advocate for your interests as you negotiate with your ex over modifying or terminating an agreement or as you return to court to seek a modification order.

Contact Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney, for an initial case review to discuss your options for modifying your family law orders. Our firm can help after changes in your family’s circumstances make your alimony, child custody, or child support orders a poor fit for your family.

Dealing With A Family Law Matter And Have Questions? Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney Can Help. Just Tell Us About Your Case. Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form Today.

Pursuing Modification/Termination of Family Law Orders in New Jersey

You and your ex may need alimony, child custody, or child support orders for years following your separation or divorce. However, your family’s circumstances will change over time as you and your ex move on with your lives and your children grow up. As a result, your family’s custody or support orders may become more of a hindrance than a help. Fortunately, the law allows you to petition the courts to modify your family law orders. Courts may agree to modify a custody or support order if you can show that your family’s circumstances have substantially changed since the court entered the order.

For child custody orders, you must also show that a modification of the order will serve your child’s best interests. Examples of changed circumstances that may make modifying your child custody order in your child’s best interests include:

  • You or your ex have moved.
  • Your child’s academic performance has suffered under the custody arrangement, or your child has started at a new school.
  • A parent refuses to comply with the custody arrangement.
  • A parent has engaged in alcohol/drug abuse while exercising custody.
  • A parent has engaged in domestic violence or child abuse.

For child and spousal support orders, you must demonstrate that your or your ex’s financial circumstances have substantially changed. Common reasons for modifying support orders include:

  • You or your ex have lost a job.
  • The payor has experienced a permanent and substantial increase in income.
  • A child has increased educational or medical expenses.
  • A child or parent suffers a long-term or permanent physical or mental disability.
  • Your spouse has gotten remarried or begun cohabitating with a partner
  • You and your ex have changed your parenting schedule to share physical custody more equally.
  • ★★★★★

    "Joe Russell is an expert in his field! He handles all clients with compassion and professionalism. I have recommended him to many friends and families and they have all raved about their experience working with him."

    Nicole Wasserman-01/15/2023
  • View All Client Reviews

How Can New Jersey Modifications Lawyer Joseph J. Russell and Our Family Law Group Help You Alter Your Family Law Order?

Courts will only modify support or custody orders for good cause. Although your child custody arrangement or alimony order may have become inconvenient, the court will not change the order unless you prove a substantial change in circumstances or demonstrate that a modification will serve your child’s best interests. You need experienced legal counsel to help you successfully argue for modification. Let a modification of family law orders attorney in Red Bank from our firm help you by:

  • Reviewing your circumstances to evaluate your likelihood of success in a modification petition
  • Explaining your legal options and the modification process to you
  • Negotiating with your ex or their counsel to resolve disputes over your family law orders without the need to litigate the issue
  • Gathering evidence to support your modification petition, including income statements, financial records, bills/receipts, diaries/journals, and witness testimony
  • Advocating for you to persuade the court to grant your modification petition

Get Advice From An Experienced New Jersey Family Law Attorney. All You Have To Do Is Fill Out Our Convenient Online Contact Form To Receive Your Confidential Case Evaluation.

When your or your family’s circumstances change, you may have the option of pursuing a modification of your alimony, child custody, or child support order. Contact New Jersey modifications lawyer Joseph J. Russell for a confidential consultation to learn more about modifying your family’s support or custody orders.

Frequently Asked Questions About Modification of Orders in New Jersey

Red Bank125 Half Mile RdRed Bank, NJ07701Map + Directions
Woodbridge90 Woodbridge Center Dr #800Woodbridge Township, NJ07095Map + Directions
© 2024 Joseph J. Russell Divorce & Family Law Attorney. All Rights Reserved.Disclaimer.Site Map.